• Varifocal or progressive lens designs allow one pair of spectacles to give near, mid-range and distance clear vision. An individually designed varifocal will give you the greatest field of view and virtually eliminate annoying distortion as you move your eyes across the lenses.
• ColorMatic lenses from Rodenstock will automatically adapt to light changes. If you are inside, the lens will be light, and darken as you go into sunlight.
• Plastic lenses, which are lighter than mineral glass, but you have to take more care with them to prevent scratches.
Tinted lenses in a variety of colours and in full or graduated tints.
• Polarised lenses are very useful for sports such as fishing, skiing and sailing as they eliminate glare from reflected light.
• Anti-reflection lenses let more light through so glare and reflections are reduced. This helps patients driving at night and computer users.